Generators are not allowed!
All electrical connections must meet the specifications and requirements set forth by the City of Louisiana and the Louisiana Country Colorfest Committee. Household duty extension cords and other unapproved methods of electrical connection are not allowed. Each booth requiring electricity must be connected by the designated electrician. The Louisiana Country Colorfest Committee will arrange for all electrical connections. Any connections found that are not approved will be removed. The electrician will turn on the breaker(s) for only those receptacles that have been reserved. No other receptacles will have electricity.
- All wiring in booths or tents must meet all National Electrical Codes as adopted by the City of Louisiana.
- Romex not allowed.
- There will be no modifications for hook-ups at time of Colorfest. Any modifications that would be required must be requested and approved prior to Colorfest.
- Where flexible cords or cables are used, they shall be listed for extra hard usage. Where used outdoors, flexible cords and cables shall also be listed for wet locations and shall be sunlight resistant. (NEC 525.20,a)
- Flexible cords or cables shall be continuous without splice or tap between boxes or fittings (NEC 525.20,b).
- Cord connectors shall not be laid on the ground unless listed for wet locations. Connectors and cable connections shall not be placed in audience traffic paths or within areas accessible to the public unless guarded (NEC 525.20, e).
- Flexible cords or cables accessible to the public shall be arranged to minimize the tripping hazard and shall be permitted to be covered with nonconductive matting, provided that the matting does not constitue a greater tripping hazard than the uncovered cables (NEC 525.20, g).
- Cord must be 3 wire grounded or 4 wire grounded depending on application.
- Flexible cords or cables shall be of appropriate gauge, number of conductors and necessary amperage. #10 or #12 electric cord is required per Louisiana Country Colorfest electrician and in no circumstances will #14 or #16 cords be allowed.
ELECTRICITY IS NOT PROVIDED TO THE BOOTH SPACE. ELECTRICAL PANELS ARE A GOOD DISTANCE FROM THE BOOTH AREAS. NO BOOTH IS WITHIN 25’ OF THE PANELS, AND MAY BE AS FAR AWAY AS 150’. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE APPROPRIATE ELECTRICAL CORDS AND CONNECTORS BEFORE SET UP!
Electricity: Booths requesting electric will have access to one plug-in, not to exceed 20 amps/120 volt unless other amperage/voltage has been requested/reserved in advance. Vendor MUST provide heavy duty, outdoor use rated extension cords to reach plug-in site. Vendors exceeding 20 amps, unless otherwise arranged for, will be unplugged and NO booth refunds or reimbursements for loss of product will be given. All electric requests must be indicated at the time of application. Duct tape is required to cover all cords, cables and/or hoses as well.